Wednesday, April 14, 2010

The Flash #1

I loved this.  The Flash, the Barry Allen Flash, was my favorite super hero as a kid.  He's been gone a long time, and now he's finally back and starring in his own series again.  It's written by Geoff Johns, one of the best writers in comics today, and almost immediately he gave me a moment that made me realize why I loved this character so much.

There's a car hurtling through the air towards some innocent people who won't even see it until it's too late.  Fortunately for them, the Flash has made his way onto the car.  But what can he do?  Well, he's the fastest man alive, so what do you think he does?  He takes the car apart.  Piece by piece.  In a split second.  In midair.

So cool.

The scene has a great kicker too, but I won't ruin any more of the book.  I'm really looking forward to more of this one.  Of the many relaunches the Flash book has had over the years, this is by far the one I've felt the best about.

No comments:

Post a Comment